Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Just need to vent a little

Ok, so I consider myself to be a pretty reasonable person when it comes to my relationship with my ex-husband and our daughter. There are many things that he does as far as she is concerned that I don't agree with, but I've learned to pick and choose my battles. We get along 99% of the time. There have been times when I've had to speak up regarding certain things. Like the time a few months ago my 5, let me repeat that, 5 year old came home with her toenails painted BLACK. I had to put my foot down on that one. Anyway, back to my point...about 1 1/2 to 2 months ago, Kaylie tells me that her daddy's girlfriend (of not very long) has moved in with them. I didn't really have a problem with that, I lived with Chris for about 2 months before we go married and I certainly would not have appreciated my ex telling me that I was not allowed to. I met her about a month ago when I picked Kaylie up at his house. She seemed nice, a little young, but nice. Kaylie seems to like her, so I have no problem. Kaylie has started to play soccer and I decided to be nice and inform her father of all her practices so he could come if he was able. This past Monday, his girlfriend comes to watch Kaylie's practice. This is fine with me, I always want the people in Kaylie's life that are important to her to support her. Perhaps I should mention, Kaylie is playing soccer at a church. While at practice her team takes a water break and Kaylie comes over and says hi to daddy's girlfriend. Daddy's girlfriend precedes to, loudly, tell Kaylie she stinks (kiddingly of course) and then when Kaylie is going back onto the field, is loudly calling my child a booty head. This in front of 12 other impressionable young girls, plus all the other parents watching the practice. This happened each time Kaylie came for water break I might add. Finally when practice was over, Kaylie wanted to play on the church playground. I told her 5 minutes and then we had to go. It was late and Alyssa was getting restless and tired. While she's on the playground, daddy's girlfriend and her mother (she brought her with her) are standing right next to me talking. Girlfriend decides to tell her mother about how she and my ex were licking each other the night before. Ok, my daughter is well within earshot of this conversation and so are a couple of other kids. I don't know about you, but that is not something I want my child to be hearing. I could care less what she and my ex do, he is an ex for a reason, but there has got to be a better time and place for that conversation. Then she starts telling Kaylie that it's time to go. Look sweetie, I will decide when it is time for my child to leave, since she is leaving with me. I didn't say that or anything else. It was extremely difficult for me to keep my mouth shut. I don't have a problem with my ex having a girlfriend or her living with him, but I do wish that he would think about the potential impressions this person will leave on our daughter. I like to think that Chris's ex-wife sees me as a good stepmother to Haley. I don't know if she does, but I sincerely hope so, because in the long run, its will help us all to help raise Haley. As far am I am concerned Haley has a mother, a good one, and does not need another one. I am just there too help. I feel like I chose a wonderful stepfather for my daughter. He is respectful, sweet, caring, he loves me and Kaylie. Anyway, I just wanted to vent that I now have a very different opinion about my ex's new girlfriend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's good that you all get along. I'm sure Haley's mom appreciates you and I hope your ex's girfriend is like you are, too.